DSDR is pleased to announce the addition of seven public-use data files to the India Human Development Survey-II (IHDS-II), 2011-2012 collection. The new data files provide a wealth of information on topics including:
- Birth History: Gender, month and year of birth, age, and current location for children birthed to women in the Eligible Women file.
- Medical Staff: Characteristics of staff including position, religion, sex, caste, degree, and years employed
- Medical Facilitates: Facility characteristics, services provided, and medications stocked
- Non-Residents: Information about non-resident family members including relationship, place of residence, marital status, education, and occupation
- School Staff: Characteristics of staff including age, sex, education, religion, and jati
- School Facilities: Information on physical structure, costs to attend, number of students, and management of the school.
- Wage and Salary: Includes occupation, industry, days worked in past year, hours worked, payment period, and rate of pay for individuals in the household.
IHDS-II files previously available for analysis include:
- Household: Sources of income, consumption, land ownership, and standard of living.
- Individual: Employment, health, morbidity, and education for individuals in the household.
- Eligible Women: Gender relations, marital history, number of children birthed and maternity care for women in the household, age 15 to 49.